Cop Drives 126mph While Texting, Kills Teen Girls

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
LOL, and Micheal Vick spent 2 years in prison for disposing of dogs bodies in his friends dog fighting ring, and Plexico Burress is spending 2 years in prison for shooting "himself" in the leg. LOL! Got to love it.

areszues92

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2010
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]Grats on your lack of freedom!!! lol[/citation]

I'd rather have a lack of freedom than my brains splattered all over the floor

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]Smochina[/nom]So, how much chances does a cop stand inside a prison?[/citation]

I hope they dont make it through the first week.

maddad

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
To get workman's compensation, I believe he would have to be hurt on the job or in the line of duty. I don't believe he qualifies; I sure hope not. He injured himself due to his own negligence and caused the death of his daughters and injuries to others. If he manages to get money, I hope the people he injured and the daughters mother sue him and take it all!

G

"emailing/texting his girlfriend".
Heterossexualism is a sickness.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
OK, I live in the St. Louis, MO area where this is local news. Did the incident occur? Yes. However, there is way more to this story than reported here. The bottom line is that he has asked for worker's comp, but that does not mean he will get it.

Also, the suspension with pay occured after the accident in 2007 and while the investigation took place. You guys are seeing all of the after the fact info so it does look very skewed to the casual observer.

This was a tragedy for the girls' family and the local community and is a lesson to us all about texting/talking while driving.

[citation][nom]areszues92[/nom]Holy Shit, thank God i my country doesn't allow freedom of buying guns without a permit.[/citation]
"...but it is her husban's gun and he is a cop..." It helps to read.

@Slickyfats

The problem is that cops are not judged by the law in the same way as normal citizens. They SHOULD be judged more harshly but in reality they often get off with a slap on the wrist. I feel your pain when dealing with reporting a cop or friends/family of a cop. We had an issue years ago..with video evidence even and it never got off the ground because they were a cops relatives.

also... i'm surpised nobody commented on 126mph.... is this not just a bit excessive?

G

The man deserves nothing at all, except maybe a long prison sentence for vehicular homicide. He's probably a republican too, as they are often hypocrites when it comes to having public money for themselves.

maddad

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
I would like to add that I think the majority of police officers and lawmen abide by the rules and do not abuse their badge, gun, and vehicles. Obviously there are some like this one who do. A few bad apples don't ruin the whole bunch. I have both good and bad experiences with them. It's a tough, dangerous and often thankless job they do. For all those who do their job honorably; I thank you for your service, your dedication, and your sacrifices. None of us are condemning you by our comments. We just believe justice should apply to all equally and that includes those we pay to enforce the laws.

Graham_71

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
Utterly disgusting, giving him a 2 year fully paid holiday for murder, Texting while driving at any speed is stupid but at 126mph... and being a cop he should know that better than the rest of us so I say it's murder. In these circumstances cops should get twice the sentence of normal people..

samely

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
[citation][nom]COLGeek[/nom]OK, I live in the St. Louis, MO area where this is local news. Did the incident occur? Yes. However, there is way more to this story than reported here. The bottom line is that he has asked for worker's comp, but that does not mean he will get it.Also, the suspension with pay occured after the accident in 2007 and while the investigation took place. You guys are seeing all of the after the fact info so it does look very skewed to the casual observer.This was a tragedy for the girls' family and the local community and is a lesson to us all about texting/talking while driving.[/citation]
How does it look skewed?

If all of what we're seeing is fact, I don't understand your point of view.

korsen

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Don't you people know ANYthing? Cops are ABOVE the law. That's why he only got probation and two years of free taxpayer money. Thanks United States Constitution! Ur a buddy.

G

I have been a truck driver for a couple of years and I have seen cops do a lot of reckless things on the road. I think the recklessness is just a side affect of the aggressive personalities they tend to have. I have only seen one accident caused by a cop though, go figure. Could just be a statistical thing, less cops on the road than regular drivers and trucks. I will give police departments one thing, once a cops bad behavior goes public they are quick to terminate them.

G

By the way, for you guys calling it murder, it is not. It is vehicular manslaughter, the cop had no Intent to kill the girls. You really don't want the punishment for vehicular manslaughter to be equal to someone who intentionally murders someone do you? Think about, it could really happen to anyone. Granted in this case it was reckless in the extreme, which should carry more punishment just like a drunk driver that kills someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.