Cop Drives 126mph While Texting, Kills Teen Girls

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Anyone notice the Tomsguide does an awful lot of anti-cop stories. I'm guessing someone has had a lot of tickets and dealt with A-hole cops. :)

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
wow.

so he was driving recklessly, texting on phone and killed 2 people and all he got was probation ?

WOW.

and he got 2 years of pay + all the compensation afterwards?

WOW.

I want to ask wtf was the judge thinking. sure putting this "ex-cop" won't bring anybody back. but probation? Come on.

This news, old or whatever, just made me hate cops even more.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
and this is why there should be jammers mounted in every steering wheel or headrest with a 4 foot radius and turn on only when the vehicle is in gear/moving.
there should also be freakin lasers attached to onboard computers that calculate following distance vs. speed and cut off accelleration power when minimum following-safe braking distance isn't maintained. idiocy can not be cured, it can only be curbed.

His guilty plea landed him 30 months probation.
cop or not, way to go DOJ way to set the bar for murder by cellular
anybody in illinois know if cell use is hands free law in that state?
i know it is in mine. this is why my cell is shut off when i am driving, can't tell you how many crashes i've seen the person on their cellular while driving, but i can always recall 2-3 different ones every month.

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
found this news

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2010/04/officer_matt_mitchell_says_he_used_reasonable_care.php

he said he used "reasonable cared" when he was going 126 mph. WOW.

Can I go say, 100 mph, if a cop pulls me over I can just tell him "hey, I was reasonable cared going 100 mph"

cops are nothing but a bunch of Losers who can't make it to college but thinking oh how do I give people shi* oh yeah I become a cop!, got that from Harold and Kuma going to white castle, that idea was so right.

SRRAE

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Why isn't he being charged? something similar her in the UK where some one speeding crossed 3 lanes and hit standing traffic waiting to get of the motorway, killing 1 person. He was jailed for 4 years.

Lewis57

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
This guy should pf spent the rest of his life in jail, I can't imagine what the parents of the daughters must be going through, not only to lose your children, but to see the man deny ownership and then get rewarded for it is pretty damn sick.

Rab1d-BDGR

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Spazzy[/nom]Probation?!?!?!?! He should be jailed....its as bad as driving while intoxicated......[/citation]

Maybe he got a plea bargain? It's the only reason I can think of that this scum-sucker would plead guilty and forfeit his 2 years on full pay.

soulfringe

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
[citation][nom]warezme[/nom]I hope the ass gets sued into poverty because the system is not doing the justice.[/citation]

This is America! So you can count on this guy being sued into the ground so hard, he will be homeless for life. So this also means that even though he is getting off easy, he probably really isn't.

Next time he will hopefully pull over to text. Well assuming he is ever allowed behind a wheel again, and I hope to god he isn't.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
what an idiot. people please use the hands free feature on your cells and don't text. if you have to text wait untill you get out of the car. if anyone hurts my family, stand the phuck by...

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]Hurtins[/nom]Civilian "breaks the law" and rolls slowly through a stop sign and does nothing dangerous to hurt anybody = $200 fine.Cop "breaks the law" and texts while driving and kills 2 people = two years of paid vacation.On the bright side, at least the families can get some justice and sue the cop and take that worker's compensation check from him, for he surely does not deserve a penny of it.[/citation]

This case, right here, is where I hope to actually see the defendant get sued to hell and back. I want to see it go in the millions (if that would really do anything). Inexcusable, doesn't matter who you are, nobodies special in this case.

baterz_up

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Don't worry, a few hundred more events like this occurring in a very short time frame and people will start taking justice into their own hands, popping illegitimate cops til the brink of a well deserved revolution. Your government likes to prove how little of a shit they give for any US citizens, and how they adore their useful idiots, the police, aka government henchmen.

Saljen

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
He gets paid 68k per year PLUS workman's comp for killing two innocent girls? Pardon my french... but what the fuck!?

Status
Not open for further replies.