Solved! Core i7 or core 2 duo

G

i m purchasing dell xps 16.
which processor should i go for.
is there somthing like the failure of core i7 in future as it is newly launched

Solution
The i7 is the newer high end mobile processor from Intel. Are you going to be gaming with this or just want a higher end PC?

I'm on the fence. I'm looking at an Asus i7 model. A core 2 quad model is only a few hundred bucks cheaper but ships with Vista. By the time I do a Win7 upgrade, I might as well have gone with the i7. I believe I've ruled out the Core 2 duos for longevity reasons.

The only potential problem I see with the Asus i7 model is heat. A few reviewers mentioned that the laptop gets very hot when gaming. Since I'm not a gamer, I'm thinking I won't run into those GPU/CPU heat issues, but who knows. I always try to buy high end for longevity but if the i7 Asus laptops suffer from heat issues, they may not have too long of...

coppertrail

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2009
The i7 is the newer high end mobile processor from Intel. Are you going to be gaming with this or just want a higher end PC?

I'm on the fence. I'm looking at an Asus i7 model. A core 2 quad model is only a few hundred bucks cheaper but ships with Vista. By the time I do a Win7 upgrade, I might as well have gone with the i7. I believe I've ruled out the Core 2 duos for longevity reasons.

The only potential problem I see with the Asus i7 model is heat. A few reviewers mentioned that the laptop gets very hot when gaming. Since I'm not a gamer, I'm thinking I won't run into those GPU/CPU heat issues, but who knows. I always try to buy high end for longevity but if the i7 Asus laptops suffer from heat issues, they may not have too long of a lifespan.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS