Corsair 2100 wireless headset interferes with wireless internet connection after turning it on.

Bojangle12

Estimable
Feb 10, 2014
So I have a wireless Corsair Vengeance 2100 headset and after turning it on my entire internet connection goes out. Skype, my connection to LoL, internet websites, etc, wont load.

Is this related to the frequencies that they use?

Wireless internet card:
Linksys WMP600N Wireless PCI adapter with dual band

Solution
Actually, that makes perfect sense. If memory serves, the 2100 uses a wireless dongle which uses Bluetooth technology. Bluetooth operates in the 2.4GHz band, just like 802.11b/g routers. The WMP600N supports the 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz bands, so I would recommend seeing if your router supports the 5.0GHz band, or if not; getting a new WiFi router which can do Wireless-N in the 5.0GHz band. This will likely fix the problems that you are having. Another thing to try is seeing if you can decrease Beacon Interval on your router. Stock value should be 100, you can try values roughly between 50 and 100 and see if those fix your issue.

Mawalker1337

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
Actually, that makes perfect sense. If memory serves, the 2100 uses a wireless dongle which uses Bluetooth technology. Bluetooth operates in the 2.4GHz band, just like 802.11b/g routers. The WMP600N supports the 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz bands, so I would recommend seeing if your router supports the 5.0GHz band, or if not; getting a new WiFi router which can do Wireless-N in the 5.0GHz band. This will likely fix the problems that you are having. Another thing to try is seeing if you can decrease Beacon Interval on your router. Stock value should be 100, you can try values roughly between 50 and 100 and see if those fix your issue.

Solution