Solved! Cost to repair sony lcd vertical block

kjurdi

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
Hello,
I have a sony TV 55" looking to find out how much it cost to replace or repair the vertical block . too many blue dots on the screen

Solution
Optical blocks for many models had their warranties extended out to three years from purchase through Sony. First stop for help on that is calling Sony. Be nice.

Typically an optical block "customer price" is in the neighborhood of $875, not including labor. May be new-tv time if you can't get warranty relief.

mrtired

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
Optical blocks for many models had their warranties extended out to three years from purchase through Sony. First stop for help on that is calling Sony. Be nice.

Typically an optical block "customer price" is in the neighborhood of $875, not including labor. May be new-tv time if you can't get warranty relief.

Solution

kjurdi

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010

Thanks , I know it doesnt pay to repair it , I called sonny and they said they had the warranty extended for 3 years and it expired on dec 31 2008, but they decidec if i buy another sony thru sony.com I will get 1/2 price and thats what I did and got a $1900 tv 55ex500 for $800 brand new and delivered to my door, I think it was a great deal.
thanks mrtired.