CPU Throttling, BD PROCHOT

Oct 1, 2018
Hi,
I encountered this issue where my CPU locks at 0.80GHz when running a game, and I've already tried some fixes (using different profiles, power adaptor, cpu temps, etc.) but the only way was to disable the BD PROCHOT. However after a few seconds after doing it, my pc abruptly shuts down.

Knowing that I have a faulty CPU fan, does disabling the BD PROCHOT override the system to use the fan at 100%? (I am already using an application that limits the fan to a lower rate). Does the system receive CPU fan readings and having a false read would make itself shut down? I know that I could have just replace the fan and see a result but unfortunately repairs in my area is a bit pricey for me.

It would be a great help if I can pinpoint the problem before doing a repair/replacement.

Specs:
Laptop Model: ASUS G752VT-DH72
Processor: Intel i7-6700HQ @ 2.60GHz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M
Memory: 16GB

cin19

Distinguished
I encountered this issue where my CPU locks at 0.80GHz when running a game, and I've already tried some fixes (using different profiles, power adaptor, cpu temps, etc.) but the only way was to disable the BD PROCHOT. However after a few seconds after doing it, my pc abruptly shuts down.
That means the laptop has overheat problem. You should replace the cpu cooler fan, otherwise the laptop will keep to shut down, because it will try to protect itself.

Either send it to the local pc shop or DIY. You can find some videos on line for replace laptop cpu cooler fan. After watch the youtube, if you feel comfortable to do it, then just do it, otherwise send it to the local PC shop.