Cq62 won't boot past splash screen with battery in.

RAINMAN69

Estimable
Aug 11, 2015
I have been going nuts trying to figure this out.My laptop won't boot past splash screen if laptop battery is in unless I hard reset it.It will boot fine on ac power everytime but not with battery in.If I plug battery i after it is booted,it says it's charging.I have done the battery test utility and it comes up fine(passed).
The things I have done so far are .Replaced cmos battery,updated bios,rolled back bios
I ran the start-up test in bios and pci device check failed everything else passed.I am currently running the system tune up that seems to take hours.memory test-passed,smart check-passed,short dst-passed,currently waiting on the long dst test to finish.

UPDATE. I probably should have mentioned this earlier.I don't know if it makes a difference.I upgraded the cpu to an AMD PHENOM 2 N930 QUAD CORE some time ago.

RAINMAN69

Estimable
Aug 11, 2015

The long test passed.I don't have another battery that fits.I do have good cells from another battery but I'm not sure if I want to switch them out.I'm pretty sure this was a new battery though.I have about seven laptops and can't remember which ones I have bought batteries for.lol

RAINMAN69

Estimable
Aug 11, 2015

The cmos battery isn't the issue since I replaced it.The laptop won't get past the splash screen with the main battery in unless I do a hard reset.

RAINMAN69

Estimable
Aug 11, 2015

UPDATE. I probably should have mentioned this earlier.I don't know if it makes a difference.I upgraded the cpu to an AMD PHENOM 2 N930 QUAD CORE some time ago.

I'm sure I have the disc somewhere.I will try it and post result.

VTed

Estimable
Dec 11, 2015
I'm having the EXACT same problem. I have a CQ62 I am thinking of upgrading with a N930 and a couple more gigs of RAM, but I want to fix this boot problem first.

Newest BIOS is installed. Brand new (off-brand) battery has replaced the original battery which was completely dead. With either the dead battery or the new one installed, the initial Compaq screen with the "Hit ESC to load boot options" message just sits there. Taking the battery out allows the unit to work perfectly and boots as fast as it should.

Anyone have any ideas? RainMan69 - did you ever find the specific cause of the problem?