Currently looking for the best audio quality from headphones - help!

madrerik

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
Hi folks!, right now I own the Turtle beach X12 Headset plugged via USB (amp) and front green jack. I am looking for the best pair of headphones and soundcard that $450 can buy. I listen to a lot of music, watch movies and play games in my computer plus I live in an apartment so headphones is the way to go for me.

I've looked into the Astros A40 2013 with the mixamp, Sennheiser 363D, Astros A50, Trittons or just another set of Turtle Beach headsets. About soundcards, I do not know which one to get or which one could offer me good audio quality, perhaps soundblaster Z SBX?.

I mostly run things with the onboard sound chip on my motherboard (MSI Gaming G45 MOBO) - Games: Battlefield 3/4, Call of Duty: Ghosts.

Open to any suggestions and thanks for taking your time to answer, really appreciate it!

Solution
well if you are looking for the best sound... i'd suggest a pair of studio headphones. of course to do that you will sacrifice surround sound (however the majority of surround sound headphones are software based only and technically only have 2 drivers. the minority actually has multiple drivers inside them)

something like the beyerdynamic dt770, audiotechnica ath-m50x or something a bit higher end than that. you could then pair it with a decent mic and dac if you wanted.

your call.
well if you are looking for the best sound... i'd suggest a pair of studio headphones. of course to do that you will sacrifice surround sound (however the majority of surround sound headphones are software based only and technically only have 2 drivers. the minority actually has multiple drivers inside them)

something like the beyerdynamic dt770, audiotechnica ath-m50x or something a bit higher end than that. you could then pair it with a decent mic and dac if you wanted.

your call.

Solution

AgentTran

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
The ones you've listed are alright, but I would rather get a decent desktop mic, and then get a good pair of headphones.
I would recommend at your price range the Sennheiser 558's and 598's.

Also the ATH-M50X is a little under your price range, but still a solid pair of headphones.
Another good choice would be the V-Moda Crossfades.

Also, don't spend too much or any at all on a Sound Card, it would be more beneficial to get an amp.