Dad Kills Own Son Over Missing Videogame

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]Great, more alcohol bashers! Clearly this man was enraged due to the violence that was surely present in the video game in question. Blaming alcohol is just a shameless attempt to create publicity and scandal. According to a recent study*, "alcohol consumption, even in quantities that elevate the blood alcohol level above 0.08%, have shown no adverse side affects on reflexes and cognitive thought".It's time this anti-alcohol propaganda ceased, and the rightful culprit, video game violence, was put in its proper light.*study was sponsored by Miller Brewing Company of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, "It's Miller Time!"(TM)[/citation]

What violence. didn't read the names of those involved? The game was probably Viva Pinata.

Vermil

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
? Given the abundance and presence of video games and gaming in current society, the almost complete lack of reference to any video games at all, - in most news reports on violent crimes -, is quite puzzling:
1: Either media and journalists have a phobia concerning mentioning video games in connection with violent crimes, and thus avoid it at all costs. (...yeah,.. right...)
2: Or - people, who play video games, are grossly under-represented in the category of violent criminals.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Thurin[/nom]As we say in Europe:"Only in America"But seriously, how can anyone commit heinous crimes such as murder against anyone else... regardless of whether you share the same genes.People are nuts.[/citation]

Not to pick on you again but this came to mind and I thought it was funny. This can be summed up with all the senseless violence in Europe... "SOCCER" err shit i messed up i mean "Football".

Status
Not open for further replies.