Dad Kills Own Son Over Missing Videogame

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thearm

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
It's a good think stories like this are not that simple. It would be a strange world if a son really did get shot over a game.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Toms hard ware should start fining there writers for missleading titles. they dad was not even playing the game! he was drunk looking for something could not find it then in a fit of rage... did something verry horable.

He should see time though this is a tragic event and i hate it when news companies use sad news to push twisted reteric.

oldscotch

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
Amazing how many times I've been completely polluted and managed to not kill anyone. And gods, all the video games I've played too.

Criminy, I must be really lucky.

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
I live in the Houston area. This story didn't even hit all the news channels. Only one and it had less than 15 seconds of air time. There was more information in this story than was given on the nightly news.

The new only stated that a drunken father shot his son over an argument of a missing video game. This was two days ago. Let it go. Everyone else here has.

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]Thurin[/nom]As we say in Europe:"Only in America"But seriously, how can anyone commit heinous crimes such as murder against anyone else... regardless of whether you share the same genes.People are nuts.[/citation]

Yea only in America.

We can thank Europe for such gems as Hitler and the holocaust, and two World Wars. Don't forget the Dutch, wouldn't want to forget to recognize the founding fathers of the slave trade. Oh and the French, yea thanks for that lot. Shall I continue?

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]melvis72[/nom]Sure blame video games, not the fact that he's a drunk idiot and had a prior criminal history!![/citation]

They are not blaming the video game, they are telling you WHY he shot the kid. Know the difference.

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
This is all about taking responsibility for your actions.. he killed someone.. out of anger... he should be put down.. save the tax payers money.. stop blaming guns, video games, the Devil, alcohol, drugs or your environment.. that is all bs.. if he gets put down.. then maybe others will get the idea.
On a personal note.. what kind of freak kills anyone over a video game?
He kills his son? WTF is wrong with people?

Computer_Lots

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
This seems pretty easy to figure out to me. It isn't about the video game at all. The idiot was drunk. He lost control of reality and shot his son over nothing. This kind-of stuff happens all the time. It always has either alcohol or drugs involved. This is why I don't do either. I prefer to be in control of my own mind and I couldn't live with myself if I hurt one of my kids because of some substance.

claudeb

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
[citation][nom]datawrecker[/nom]I live in the Houston area. This story didn't even hit all the news channels. Only one and it had less than 15 seconds of air time. There was more information in this story than was given on the nightly news.The new only stated that a drunken father shot his son over an argument of a missing video game. This was two days ago. Let it go. Everyone else here has.[/citation]]i do to and i didnt see it.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
This is rather pathetic. "Otero shot the teenage boy in the neck" How many times can you read and consider that this was done over a videogame arguement? Let alone your own son? I always was from the opinion that some ppl shouldnt even have the right to have kids. He is an example of the ones in mind.

I do hope they torture him before they execute him, the least. Just a picture of his, shot in the neck, son infront of him as they are digging in his own neck would be a good start. Im not a violent person other than when it involves ppl just insulting my family/woman. I will never understand how someone can be such an asshole in his own family and a risk to get that drunk and dangerous torwards his own family too.

And yeah, the videogame wasnt relative. He was so drunk that the arguement could have started over a freaking lollipop for all I care. Wasnt even with his own son in the first place but he was playing with the mother who also fails as a parent for keeping this "man" inside the house including a child without reporting him and having him removed. I can't help but blame her too. She could find someone else to get between her legs that wasnt so fn wrong for her and specially the kid and let this happen.

Shame...

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]claudeb[/nom]]i do to and i didnt see it.[/citation]

It seems the only people paying attention to it are gamers worried about the shooting being blamed on the video game. When it reality everyone else sees it a just another drunken idiot with a gun.

kvn00

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]kraken18[/nom]Gee... I wonder what race the perpetrator was...[/citation]

Nothing like a badly sensationalized article in THG to bring out the best racist in all of us, eh? Because, clearly, since his name sounds Hispanic, that might be the reason he killed his son.

G

Otero is not a Mexican surname, it is a European surname (Spain), and Hispanola no longer exists you uneducated backwoods douchebags.

Thank God for the 2nd Amendment, if that guy came running out of his house with his gun in front of me, I would put two in his chest and call it a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.