Dealz and eversave on chrome

garretsw

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
I have no idea where these came from. I have tried tons of guides on the Internet on removing these. They seem almost impossible to remove. I have used malwarebytes and avg. I cannot manually find them either. Deleting the registry and extension manually yields no result. Please help

Solution
http://malware-detective.com/uninstall-dealz/ heres a step-by-step guide. Hope it works for you!

I would recommend you installing either adblock plus or adguard on your browser to prevent ads from popping up

vesp3r

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2014
http://malware-detective.com/uninstall-dealz/ heres a step-by-step guide. Hope it works for you!

I would recommend you installing either adblock plus or adguard on your browser to prevent ads from popping up

Solution

garretsw

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
unfortunately i had to reinstall windows I tried everything i could for 2 days strait. THIS IS THE MOST ANNOYING VIRUS I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS! Since you were the only person to offer any advice thank you!

Skylyne

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
If you want to help prevent this in the future, I'd recommend running Iron or Aviator as your browser (both are modified versions of Chrome). Aviator is much more security minded, although it doesn't hold cookies and history, which some people like.

Pair either browser with Adguard, and that should help prevent any ads from installing crap on into your browser/on your computer. I've never had a single problem in 3+ years of this, and I definitely have put it to the test. Results may vary, of course, as everyone has different habits with clicking/opening things they should avoid. If you are careful with what you click, and avoid clicking on anything that you're unsure of, then that combo will definitely help out a lot.

garretsw

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012

Thanks for the advice. I am usually careful with what I click on and download bUT unfortunately I believe this was my fault. I installed a YouTube Downloader from Google store and apparently it gave a lot of people adware. In my opinion that is unacceptable on Google's part but it is what it is. It went unnoticed for a very long time because ad block kept all of its stupid ads from popping up.

Skylyne

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014

Ah, I see what you mean. Yeah, ad blocking can definitely hide some symptoms of various malware/adware, but at least we know it's doing its job!

You might want to write an email to Google, and let them know what happened with your extension. The way those extensions stay in the Chrome Store is if people don't report them, or write reviews explaining what happened. I'd definitely write them, should this ever happen to me. Saves you from accidentally downloading it again, and helps prevent other people from having that happen.

Glad to hear you dodged a bullet though!

garretsw

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012

I did write a review. What is even funnier is that (last I checked) eversave and dealz extensions are actually on the store too. They have tons of reviews and yet it was still on the store.

Skylyne

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014

You might want to flag it/report it, and send in an email. It might meet their rules for hosting it in the Chrome store, but I'd still raise a little hell over it. If something is usually associated with malware or adware, it shouldn't be hosted in a web browser store... by Google.

If that is allowed, they just lost a lot of respect.