Jells

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013
Hey guys,

I've got a little bit of a problem with CCC (catalyst control center) or something to do with ATI.

I'll start off with saying before I upgraded my PC to a custom build, I had an ATI graphics card, and an AMD processor too. When I built the PC I'm using now I kept the HDD, but I realize it will still have my old drivers left on it.

My PC:
AMD FX-8350
Sabertooth 990fx
8GB DDR3
500GB HDD (from previous pc)
1000w PSU

(I think that pretty much covers everything you need to know about the hardware)

Every time I log on, I immediately get a message saying this:

'ATI's desktop manager is being unloaded because an ATI display driver
is not currently running.

If you have administrator privileges, click "reset" to revert to default display settings. Select "cancel" to close this window with no changes.

To permanently remove an installed ATI display driver, use the Add/Remove programs control panel.'

What do I do, should I be deleting files now I have a Nvidia gpu, or do I keep files for my AMD cpu?

It would be amazing if someone knew the answer to this question!! Thanks for taking time out to read this.

Cheers

Jells

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013

Are you sure that it definitely does need uninstalling? Oh and thanks for the quick reply!

Sep 21, 2013

If you dont have an AMD video card anymore there is no point have the AMD Drivers. You need to get the Nvidia drivers!!

Jells

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013

Thanks a bunch, problem fixed!

Cheers