Deleted some registry file now my PC isn't working.

Nizamul

Prominent
Mar 24, 2017
I have a lenovo 405s ideapad.recently I deleted some registry files.suddenly some programs didn't had Icon so I restarded thinking that it would fix but when I entered all my programs were whitish nothing is working everything giving error.not even command prompt loading.so I took a pendrive and booted it to setup my notepad to windows 8.1(previous version was 7)but when I start booting it hungs up in windows 8.1 logo and nothing works.sorry for bad English.please help me out.

13thmonkey

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006

My thinking is that is someone told him to delete X, Y and Z from the registry, perhaps going back to them for help would be a good idea.

Why, it was deleted might give us a clue as to any other issues that can cause the same problems.

What, would tell us more about what was done.

Virtual_Singularity

Commendable
Feb 18, 2016

Agreed. The answer re malware removal or the like is a common enough reason & has been attempted by some at one time or another. Long ago, I also found out the hard way messing around with the OS registry without backing up and/or knowing exactly what you're doing is a no no. lol

13thmonkey

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006

Many years ago people would come here first asking about regedit, and the answer would be don't mess with it. Unfortunately there are so many other sources now that they come here afterwards and those giving the advice are not available to ask about their advice,

Nizamul

Prominent
Mar 24, 2017
I saw a video on YouTube about deleting virus programs using registry.and I can't start any program in my computer except task manager.can't access internet or recovery tool.