Solved! dell 3521 suddenly can't connect to any wifi!

Sep 10, 2019
hello there guys
i'm having a very annoying problem with my dell 3521 laptop
a few days ago suddenly wifi stopped working! i can't connect to any wifi, other devices can

what i tried so far to solve this problem:
1- forget saved networks, try to connect again, nothing
2- cmd,
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset

didn't work :(

3- i tried usb wireless card -was also working fine before-, tried to connect to any wifi, same issue, didn't work
4- uninstalled wireless driver, restart, reinstall, try to connect to any wifi, still nothing :(
5- updated wireless drivers, tried again, nothing
6- did a system restore to a time when wifi was working fine, still can't connect to any wifi!
7- disabled ipv6, didn't make any difference
8- i don't have an antivirus software that could be interfering with wifi or something & i disabled windows firewall, still nothing

what else can i do guys? what's causing this really really annoying problem?
please help me, i'm going insane trying to figure this out

Solution
Finally, I found a FIX for this really really annoying problem
here's the fix in case anyone face the same problem

go to
gpedit.msc - computer configuration - windows settings - security settings - local policies - security options

now find
system cryptography: use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption

double click & enable

Voila!
Sep 10, 2019
forgot to say, 1st time this happened, uninstalling WiFi driver & reinstalling it again worked for a few hours
next day same issue can't connect to any WiFi since then

Have you tried connecting the computer via Ethernet to see if that works fine? If not I would test that.

Also, the WiFi you are trying to connect to, if they are yours then you should be able to reset the modem/router to see if that is the problem. If not your own WiFi, then I would make sure that access to said WiFi hasn't be limited or restricted. It happens.

Reactions: MadMaX89
Sep 10, 2019
thanks for replying
Ethernet works fine, also usb modem works fine
wifi isn't mine, it's my neighbor, i can access it from other devices with no problem
also i talked to my other neighbor got his wifi password to test my wifi adapter, couldn't connect to it either, can with other devices.
this is really weird, can you point me to the right wifi adaper driver for my laptop

maybe the version i have is causing this "downloaded from dell website" , i'll uninstall & install the one you tell me & let's see what happens

You should be able to get it via the manufacturer's site. If not, I would then suggest letting Windows find the right driver for it and let it install it.

However, it is totally possible that the WiFi itself is going bad, even though the Ethernet works fine. It can happen, and often does. If that is the case, then the only fix is to either have the internal component replaced, or get an external WiFi which connects via a USB port.

Sep 10, 2019
Finally, I found a FIX for this really really annoying problem
here's the fix in case anyone face the same problem

go to
gpedit.msc - computer configuration - windows settings - security settings - local policies - security options

now find
system cryptography: use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption

double click & enable

Voila!

Last edited:
Solution