UnseenPhantom

Estimable
Oct 22, 2015
Hello, I've been using the dell i 7559 since 2 months.
When i initially used it i had a battery backup of around 9 hours ( internet, movies)
and the keyboard kept comparatively cool.
after i started gaming onto it, I'm facing issues.
The battery backup is now only 2-3 hours,
i started monitoring using the MSI afterburner ( i didn't mess with any settings).
All the 4 cores ( CPU-1 CPU-2 CPU-3 CPU-4 are used all the time).
Even with normal usage (music,streaming,movies)
the keyboard is above the room temperature ( resting fingers on the keyboard is not comfortable at all).
Is there some kind of software by which i can limit the temperature of the CPU?
i already have the Nvidia Inspector for my graphic card.
What options do i have?

Update: My laptop has slowed down. the respond time has increased significantly.(opening programmes ,gestures) Click are not always reported ( Trackpad)
Update 2: My laptop used to be really fast but now the boot is pretty laggy.
Can someone confirm whether the i7559 is having issues or is it only me?

Thank you!

Solution
I have not noted any articles or reviews.

Check Dell's forums and FAQs - you might find some comments/questions there.....

And at least, while under warranty, register if you have not done so and go on the record with the laptop's problem(s).
Was the i7559 new? Still under warranty?

Fan vents clear?

If the laptop is getting that hot I would stop using it and take it in for a service check. Could be a defective battery, failing/failed fan.....

There is software that helps cool a system by speeding up or turning on more fans during heavy use and raising CPU temperatures.

Do not think that that is applicable per se and not going to be a solution - unless there is a some bug in an existing application.

UnseenPhantom

Estimable
Oct 22, 2015

Hello Ralston18,
The i7559 is new, still under warranty.
Yes the fan vents are clear.
I definitely considered going to a service center but as none is near i would like to confirm that its only me or everyone is having this problem.

I have not noted any articles or reviews.

Check Dell's forums and FAQs - you might find some comments/questions there.....

And at least, while under warranty, register if you have not done so and go on the record with the laptop's problem(s).

Solution