Dell inspiron 1545 bios password removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mbell67

Estimable
Oct 31, 2014
I've had my Dell laptop since 2009, and it wasn't until my warranty was up in 2011 that something happened to my computer internally where it stopped charging. So this year after buying a new laptop I decided to sell it to a company for parts. They are asking me for the BIOS password and I have no clue what it is, I've called Dell and they wanted to charge me $80 for it, which I think is absolutely ridiculous. I'm trying to get this headache off my plate and get rid of this computer for good, if there is anyone who can help me retrieve this password I am able to provide all personal information needed about my laptop.
-Thanks in advance!

Sorry, but we cannot assist in bypassing security protocols for any reason. The only answer I could give, you've already explored, in contacting Dell. If it's truly your laptop, then you set the BIOS password. It's in your noggin' somewhere. Keep trying your old passwords until you find it. Best I can advise, here.

-Wolf sends

Mbell67

Estimable
Oct 31, 2014
If that is the case why then did the Dell Tech say there was a charge to giving me the BIOS password that doesn't make sense. I didn't make a BIOS password because it never popped on my computer for me to make one when I had it. After whatever internal problem that occurred it must have just now required it because I was not able to get it to turn back on, but the company I sold it to was and now they need the password in order to proceed to selling it for parts. I know you cannot help me so there's no need to respond to this...just thought you should know.
-Thanks Anyhow!

Status
Not open for further replies.