dell inspiron allows me to sign in but after goes to black screen

wmeador61

Estimable
Sep 1, 2014
everything works normallyall the way up to the sign in screen. after signing in, the screen goes black. however i can see the mouse arrow moving around and a mcafee pop up just appeared. it was acting fine until a required restart happened

Solution
Try to boot the windows installation DVD/USB and do a startup repair. After that, if it goes into windows, to a chkdsk on C:\ to see if there are any bad sectors on the disk.

V1ctor89

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Try to boot the windows installation DVD/USB and do a startup repair. After that, if it goes into windows, to a chkdsk on C:\ to see if there are any bad sectors on the disk.

Solution

B0ba

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
There is nothing about the HDD malfunction or related chkdsk issues. This behaviour is DELL only netbooks problem and is not documented. I have DELL inspiron 1122 , 450 netbooks with the same problem. When you close the lead and within a minute or two, it comes back. My opinion is that this is the Video driver. Searching for a patch, I haven't find any that does exist or solves the problem.

B0ba

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
Me gain! You install the latest chipset driver V.1.2.1.296 from the DELL website. Then you install Video driver V.8.861 and then you install Monitor driver.
All the drivers will be decompress by default on C:\DELL (the rivers when run, will create these folders and decompress files in it).

Monitor driver to be installed is a bit different as it has only .inf file!

How to: Computer -> Properties -> Device Manager-> Monitors -> rclick on the generic driver-> Update driver software ->Browse my computer for driver software -> Browse ->
You point to the C: \DELL location where the Monitor inf file is located and follow the prompt! INF file will be selected automatically!
At the end if installed successfully, the right driver will be shown in the list of Monitors.

It is tested and works!

Regards

Boba
Bsc. IT&T Eng.

stone coat

Estimable
Jan 24, 2015

stone coat

Estimable
Jan 24, 2015
Well wait, Im having the same problem.
Do you do all these functions in safe mode?
Booting up normal ends up black screen,
Administration page normal log in ok, the next log in everything still looks normal log in ok, then black screen. When I shut it down with the power key my normal desktop flashes for a second then, shutdown.
Whats with it?