dell inspiron N7110 LCD no back light

bigsam731

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016
Hello all. I'm new to the community and my apologies if this was discussed in a previous post. I have a Inspiron 17R N7110 that has dim backlight to the LCD. When I plug it it to an external monitor i can see everything in that monitor. I searched every where for a solution but nothing on my model, all I find is solutions for the 1545 model which tells me to replace the F1 or F8 fuse. If that's the case on mine, does anyone know where are those fuses located? thanks in advance

My motherboard model is
DA0R03MB6E0 REV; E

It could be the fuse or it could be the backlight lamp.

Is the device still under warranty? If yes, I would contact the manufacturer about a repair or replacement.

If it isn't under warranty, then it is up to you if you wish to try and do the work yourself, or have someone else do it. :)

lolimstupid

Estimable
Dec 5, 2015
Do NOT open it up and try to fix it yourself until you call to check on the warranty. If still eleigible they'll just send you a new one, but opening it up yourself could void the warranty, oh and I think it's the backlight itself not a fuse.

Hi, sorry to say, but depending on the configuration of your laptop, you do not have a fuse for the LED backlight. It will be easier to change a fuse, but you have different components controlling the power for the LED backlight. The problem could be the display cable, sometimes they become damaged in the hinge area. But if the laptop is still under warranty, use it.

bigsam731

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016
Thank you all for the replies. I should've mentioned that the laptop is out of warranty. I also did a few thing to pin point the problem. I replaced the LCD and the cable but have the same issue. I also took the LCD screen and tested it in a different laptop and it works fine, which lead me to think that its something on the motherboard. I'm trying not to replace the motherboard because everything else works great. I also got my hands on the schematics for the motherboard but unfortunately I don't know how to read it.

bigsam731

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016

Are you talking about this?
http://
view

bigsam731

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016

Yes I have a mulimeter to read the voltage and i can send you the schematics if you need it. I'm attaching the first page of it if that help.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4eDDk7o_vmnemdhaUY3c2dUd0U/view?usp=sharing

bigsam731

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016
I tested the voltage and i got 19V on the pins. as far as the U14 chip, i could not find it. i found U15,U13, and PU14 but not U14. Can you give me general Idea on its location. Thanks in advance.

bigsam731

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016

pin 1 = 3.3
pin 2 = 3.7
pin 3 = 3.1

but when I re-measured i got 7.1 on pin 2