Dell N5050 not detecting drivers on USB flash drive.

Ben_119

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
So I made a thread earlier about downloading drivers, and I ended up downloading all the drivers I needed onto a flash drive. So I started trying to install windows 7 and the flash drive IS detected but it says there aren't any drivers on it. all I did was download all the exes and zip files, and put them all on the flash drive. I might have done something wrong, but in short I need help with getting downloaded drivers onto an Inspiron 15 N5050, but again, they're not detected on the flash drive, however, the flash drive is detected. Thanks for help!

Solution
Back up a bit here. Did you install Windows already and are just trying to install the drivers or are you trying to install Windows and the setup is telling you it needs to load drivers? If the latter, then you need to extract the chipset and/or the USB drivers from those zip files into regular readable driver files, which should be several .dll, .ini, .sys files, things like that. Usually right-clicking on the file and selecting "extract here" would work for that.
Back up a bit here. Did you install Windows already and are just trying to install the drivers or are you trying to install Windows and the setup is telling you it needs to load drivers? If the latter, then you need to extract the chipset and/or the USB drivers from those zip files into regular readable driver files, which should be several .dll, .ini, .sys files, things like that. Usually right-clicking on the file and selecting "extract here" would work for that.

Solution