Solved! Dell Studio XPS 16

waynec121

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
Hey,
Does anybody have this laptop? I am really considering it due to awesome 1080p screen and solid specs. Basically I configured one on Dell.com and the price is a little over $1250. I am comfortable with that price though. Here are the specs:

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium Edition
Intel® Core™ i7-720QM Quad Core Processor 1.6GHz (2.8GHz Turbo Mode, 6MB Cache)
3 Yr Ltd Hardware Warranty, InHome Service after Remote Diagnosis
Microsoft® Office Starter 2010
15.6 FHD WLED Display in Alpine White with leather and 2.0 MP Webcam
4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz
500GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
8X Slot Load CD/DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)
Intel© Centrino© Advanced-N + WiMAX 6250
McAfee SecurityCenter, 15-Months
Alpine White High Gloss Finish with Leather
My Accessories
Also Included
Studio XPS 16 Notebook
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5730 - 1GB
85 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Soundblaster X-Fi Hi Def Audio - Software Enabled
Integrated 10/100 Network Card
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 9, Multiple Languages

What do you guys think? There is no USB 3.0 on it. It also wouldn't have blue-ray but I don't mind that. I'm also not sure about the battery life either. It is probably like 3-4 hours, nothing too special.

I was also considering the HP Elitebook 8540p, which would be a little cheaper.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400123122206&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

USES: Music, movies, light gaming, 1080p videos, webchat. General multi-tasking.
SIZE: The 15-16" bracket is what I am interested in.

Any advice would be awesome. I am leaning towards the XPS 16, due to the features but I'm not 100%.

Solution

bliq

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
I bought my wife an inspiron XPS 13 last year, which of course has a different processor, but although it looks wonderful, it's also kind of chunk, heavy, and doesn't run as fast as I would have thought that class of machine ran. I would have given up that gorgeous exterior for something like my son's Asus or a Sony FW520.

IsabellaWinTeam

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010

Hi there,

The Dell Studio XPS 16 is a great laptop. What are you going to be using your computer for? Because of the graphics and other specs, the Dell Studio XPS 16 is perfect for video and photo editing. The fast, powerful processor will also allow you to run multiple applications at once.

Let me know if I can answer any questions!

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

Solution