Dell Vostro 1510 Bluetooth

Bryan78670

Estimable
Nov 21, 2014
My bluetooth worked with the origional Vista but now is not found by Windows 7. I had tried the Dell driver "Dell Wireless 360 Module" but it tells me it can't find the chip.
Of course, I was not given the system disks with the machine so I can't go back to the factory configuration.
Bluetooth is enabled in BIOS ; how can I find what Bluetooth is installed ?
Help Appreciated
Bryan

Bryan78670

Estimable
Nov 21, 2014
The Slim Drivers and Driver Booster only seem to check whether an installed driver is out of date. Niether scanned hardware to find the bluetooth device not detected by Windows

drkatz42

Estimable
Apr 5, 2014
Mmm...locate the device(wont be installed) in device manager. Right click and select manual update, locate the files that were unpackaged by the 360 module, hopefully the correct .inf file will be there and it will accept it as the correct driver.

Bryan78670

Estimable
Nov 21, 2014
Hi, thx for the reply
The device doesn't seem to be detected by Windows. When windows starts, it turns on the WIFI indicator but not the Bluetooth indicator. There is no Bluetooth in the device manager that I can find.
I can remember using Bluetooth on the machine a long time ago.... but I suppose the chip might have blown or there is a loose connection.
If I had the origional Dell disks I could reinstall back and see if it worked before...
Failling that I suppose it is concievable to boot off a USB but I have no idea what tools I'd need to see if the Bluetooth was still function

Bryan