Solved! Dell xps screen problem after backlight replacement

kpyk

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2010
So I have a dell XPS m140 whose LCD screen went out a while back, and this is what I did:

-Replaced the inverter, it worked for a few minutes. Then, lower corners of screen got hot, started going black, screen died again.

-Next, ordered and replaced the backlight, using the replaced inverter above. Worked for a few minutes, then same thing started happening.

Anybody else have that kind of problem before? I feel like it's a problem of a faulty inverter somehow shorting my backlights, but I wanted to check around before I order yet another inverter.

Thanks!

-C

Solution
Make sure you're using a properly matched backlight and inverter. Using the wrong bulb or wrong inverter will cause premature backlight failure. If you replaced the original inverter with a new, incorrect one, then your problem went from a "bad inverter" to a "wrong inverter".

mavroxur

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
Make sure you're using a properly matched backlight and inverter. Using the wrong bulb or wrong inverter will cause premature backlight failure. If you replaced the original inverter with a new, incorrect one, then your problem went from a "bad inverter" to a "wrong inverter".

Solution