Solved! Detached cable port

Sep 26, 2019
Hello everyone..can anybody tell me alternative to connect cable(coaxial type, no set top box)...we have a samsung series 5 tv, with rca, component and hdmi ports..thanks for answers..

The F jack isn't usually repairable when it breaks off.
You would need to buy an external tuner that would connect to an HDMI input of the TV. Check with the cable company about whether you need an ATSC or ATSC QAM tuner. Or get a set top box from your cable provider. You might get more channels that way too.

Reactions: Nonotech
You would need to buy an external tuner that would connect to an HDMI input of the TV. Check with the cable company about whether you need an ATSC or ATSC QAM tuner. Or get a set top box from your cable provider. You might get more channels that way too.

Reactions: Nonotech
Sep 26, 2019

Thank you for your reply...😇😇

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W TVs 0
lemob TVs 0
E TVs 0
M TVs 0
Q TVs 3
J TVs 1
J TVs 0
J TVs 4
B TVs 0
K TVs 0
G TVs 2
H TVs 3
Dissident76 TVs 2
B TVs 4
C TVs 1
H TVs 2
W TVs 1
C TVs 1
G TVs 4
Similar threads
Question Watching TV without cable
Question TV says that my VCR says its connected, but it isn't
Question Main board or T-Con board failure please? (LVDS cables & connections look good.) I have an intermittent display (video) fault on my LG 37LH4000 LCD TV
Question New Apt with cable but old Sony Bravia won't connect
Solved! How to access local channels when the coax “jack” is broken on my tv? I don’t want to pay for cable. I just want to watch local channels occasional.
Solved! Handicap access for wall-mounted tv
Question LG TV, Onkyo Amp -> HDMI(ARC) works great for cable. Native apps, not so much
Solved! Sony Bravia TV KDL-40R510C Can't get any sound when I plug the cable HDMI plug into the TV HDMI 2 port.
Question How to remove an optical cable stuck in tv
Question Smart TV limited by just one hdmi cable access
Solved! Controlling soundbar with TV remote
Question I'm trying to hook up an indoor antenna to the TV antenna port (75ohm external terminal), but the coaxial cable won't fit into the Antenna port.
Solved! Flat ribbon cables
Solved! Roku Model 32S327 No Volume When I I first tune to cable provider.
Solved! How do I hook up my Samsung smart TV to my sound bar to my cable box to my Sony blue ray player
Solved! What cable and/or converter do I need to get from my Kogan TV SPDIF out to my Bose 3.5mm in
Question My lg 43uk6300pvb smart TV has no internal sound when connected with RCA cable to decoder
Solved! I have a JVC tv and it's set on cable and I don't have a remote how do I get it off cable and too tv
Solved! optical cable connector will not fit

ASK THE COMMUNITY