Difficult time finding a wireless headset.

chchom22

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
I've been researching wireless headsets for about 2 weeks now. I basically keep jumping around between the g930, astro a50, steelseries h series, and hyper x cloud (if wireless is really not the way to go). How are your experiences with wireless headsets? Is there one that you recommend that's not on my list? Should i wait until after CES?

I've read that there is basically a guaranteed annoying buzz on the a50 when using the microphone. That really turns me away. Comfort and Mic quality are my 2 biggest concerns. Noise canceling would be nice. Keep in mind I don't have a soundcard, so please let me know if a particular choice will be overkill.

Lastly, if any of this matters: Asus rt-ac66r router on the desk where i will use the headset. Devices that use wi-fi: 3 phones, a laptop, ps4, dish dvr(i THINK it requires wi-fi occasinally) I also have a wireless keyboard and mouse.

Currently I use the Sennheiser pc350 headset. Ears get a bit too warm, mic switch randomly switches off, and my god is the cord annoying.

delaro

Distinguished
The G930 sounds great I listened to the entire season of The Strain when I was testing them as well as played several hours of Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor. The comfort after long hours of play was excellent even with me wearing glasses, the overall sound is well balanced between Bass, Mid and Highs the Bass is good but not particularly strong or overpowering. At very high volumes you will notice some distortion but it isn't really bad. The range was fantastic, I got a good 35 feet from my computer before I lost any quality. It's hard to beat this set for anything under $150 they were really impressive.

chchom22

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
Did you test out the microphone at all? I also hear that i should target a headset that is dual-band wireless like the steelseries h, to prevent any break up issues.

delaro

Distinguished
We used Skype while playing Shadows of Mordor at a typical 6 to 10 feet I had no issues with breakup. I didn't try the mic while walking around beyond 10 feet. From my computer through the wall of the bathroom and to the Fridge was 10 feet and it worked without a issue. Any dual band is better yes but so is the cost so yes if your willing to drop $300 on a Headphone you will get better quality in every aspect.