Digital Camera San Disk

Juanita

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
When I try to use memory Stick Pro Due 4GB in my Sony Cybershot camera or in my computer with a Memory Stick duo adapter. The message comes up-"Error formatting Memory stick. I was using it in the camera to take pictures and it was fine until after I put the memory stick in the Memory Stick Disk Adapter in the computer. It worked in the computer at first, but when I took it out to put it back into the camera it doesn,t work in either the camera or the computer. In the computer it wants to format the disk. This I cannot do because I will loose all the pictures I took in Singapore on vacaTtion Please help?

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
you can try taking it to a camera shop, BTW did you just yank the stick out of the USB port or did you use the safely remove hardware tab, on second thought, if the camera sees the pictures and you can see them on the camers's LCD then try to use the USB connection in the camers, it'll take a little longer but you'll have the pictures

photoman_72

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
My problem is similiar. I tried to hook up my camera to my laptop via the usb port to transfer my photos. However, my computer doesn't recognize that it has a camera hooked up to it. I put the SD card in my computer and it wants to format it. I had tranfered my photos using the usb port connected to my camera in the past without any problems. If you have anything in mind that could help me, please share your thought.
thanks
Glen