Digital to Analog Converter not working on LG65C7P OLED TV

Mar 18, 2018
I just purchased an LG65C7P OLED TV. I'm attempting to connect it to an analog Onkyo TX-8511 receiver. After reading threads here I purchased this DAC:
https://www.parts-express.com/parts-express-dac-digital-to-analog-converter-%2851-compatible%29--180-999
Connected DAC to TV audio out via optical audio cable, then connected DAC to receiver audio in via RCA cables. My TV sound setting is set to Internal TV Speaker + Audio Out (Optical). There is no option for Audio Out (Optical) only. The switch on the DAC is set to optical.

It's not working. No sound is coming out of the speakers.

Any thoughts on what the problem could be? Thanks in advance!

You do get sound from other sources connected to the receiver?
I have used that DAC before and it should work. If it turns out to be bad the folks at Parts Express will take care of you. They are very good when you have a problem.
Make sure that the power supply is plugged into an active AC output.
If the TV is sending out optical audio you should see a red light coming out of the end of the toslink cable.
Make sure you have the output of the DAC connected to an audio input since tape 1, 2 and video 2 have both audio inputs and outputs. Make sure you have selected the correct input on the receiver.

Mar 18, 2018
Thanks, checked everything you mentioned and still no sound. And yes, the receiver was working fine with my previous TV. So I guess I'm looking at a faulty converter? I've read that LG interfaces can be difficult. Does anyone on the forum have experience using a DAC with an LGC7P model OLED?