Disable login popup that appears on facebook

leandronb

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
Hi guys, i don't use facebook, but everytime i want to see a page there, a popup appears asking to login, then it show in entire screen, if i click not now, it covers some big part of the page.
I can block it with adblock, but it appears again, it only works for the current page.
This is what happens:
MuP11ZZ.jpg

davmazin

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
seems to be a nasty virus do you have a backup of your files and programs? maybe using Norton Internet Security (2011 version) dunno if newer ones are good, may fix it if not then its just the good old formating for ya men, anyways try and test other AVS or Malware removers

davmazin

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
Well i forgot to ask if he was actually looking for a facebook page, i assumed he mean it for all the webpages he visit, not simply looking at a facebook page lol

RicP

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
Bottom line is it's the same as any other annoying overlay, kill the parent element and off it goes. At the time of writing this the element that is annoying people has an ID of "pagelet_growth_expanding_cta"

All you need to do is set up a rule in any AdBlocker to kill this pointless rubbish. For uBlock the rule should look like this...

facebook.com###pagelet_growth_expanding_cta

Apply that and Bob's your aunties life partner. Find it's stopped working? Right click over the popup, select "inspect element", find the ID of the element that's messing you about and swap it out for the one I have written above."

Anyone who answers either "virus" or "just log in" should have their comments ignored. They are either not relevant or avoiding the actual problem.