Disappearing files on SD CARD

Apr 23, 2018
Hi! I bought a new 16GB SD CARD and I inserted it on my computer using my card reader. I downloaded pictures, apps and videos and placed it on my SD CARD and when I insert it on my phone, it appears to be unused and empty and my photos, video and some of apps are disappeared. How to fix this? Please! I tried formatting it for some viruses but it stays the same.

Why are you putting them on the card, while the card is in the computer, and then putting the card into the phone? You don't need to. That is way extra steps and can lead to things not working correctly.

Try leaving the card in the phone, connecting the phone itself to the computer via USB cord, and then copying the files from the computer to the card. Done this way, then you know the card is already accepted by the phone. So there should not be any problems with the files you move over.

NOTE: Apps won't work when copied onto a card from another device. However the other files should be fine.

Apr 25, 2018

Apr 25, 2018
Uhmm. By the way, this is me (new account). Im sorry sir but sir why I am doing that because my charging port is damaged. So, everytime I'll download files I remove my SD CARD and place it on a computer and back again.

Apr 23, 2018
I unmount my SD CARD first before removing it. I guess your right that my SD CARD is faulty because it is weird that it shows that it is unused and its storage is not reduced when I place it on my phone even if I placed videos, pictures, songs and files on it and worse because some of the files are damaged. I think there is something wrong with it. By the way thank you helpstar for your help. I'll try to fix it with the help of the link. Thank you!