distorted audio when capturing from VCR

falsedragon

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2003
I have a TV @nywhere Master for capturing and when I capture video from a VCR, the picture comes out fine, depending on my settings.. but the audio is always messed up. Not sure how to describe it.. but sort of twangy, or distorted or something.

I have an Abit NF7-S motherboard with nVidia SoundStorm which I am using for sound in my system. I have the capture card linked to the Line In on the motherboard. I've tried 2 diff. VCR's and have the same problem with both, when simply watching the original tapes, the sound is fine.

Is the nVidia onboard sound simply not good for recording? Or do I just have something set up wrong? Any ideas?

Mindwarper

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2004
I'm not an expert, but if it is distorted, turn down the signal in the audio settings box. Either the output or the line input. If it is scratchy or wrong, it might be a synch problem. I don't think it your video card, but instead your audio card. My 2 cents Nunchal

Asus p4533c 2.53,4x512 1066,40gb system ,240Gb RAID A/V Drive,80 Gb Export,Matrox g550,Matrox Rt.X100,Santa Cruz Turtle Beach,Aardvark Aark 20,Ricoh Mp5125a,Samsung 40x cd,Antec w/400,Xp pro

superboss

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2003
you need to go to your sound in control panel and change
the recording volume level almost right down to the lowest
setting, then you will not get distortion any more,

cheers

Opel Superboss, now that was a car!