Solved! Does comcast communicate with my TV

letmewatchtv

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
i have several different brands of TV'S connected directly to comcast without any box or converter .yet every tv gets a different channel line up.So the question is DOES COMCAST COMMUNICATE WITH MY TV to control the channels?

Solution
At that point, I'd say it's just a function (or lack thereof) of the tuner. Remember, with a set top box installed, it becomes the tuner (and probably a much better one as it handshakes with Comcast). The TV then just becomes a receiver.

-Wolf sends
Not that I'm aware of. The first question that comes to mind is are you in a single family home or multi-resident complex? If you're in a single family home, then I'd guess that each TV tuner is having difficulty receiving all the channels you subscribe to. What I mean is that, for example, you're supposed to be getting channels A, B, C, D, E, and F. TV1 is getting channels A, B, and C. TV2 is getting channels B, D, and F. TV3 is getting A, C, E, and F. Possible reasons are the wiring may be getting interference at one or more TVs, or each TV's tuner is faulty/deficient.

If you're in a multi-residential complex, the above may still be true, but you can add in that certain rooms are not wired to all the other rooms in your unit, but may be mis-wired to another unit (with a different channel lineup).

-Wolf sends

letmewatchtv

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
heres the problem with that,its a single family home first.All the rooms are wired with the same high quality quad shielded cable.I moved the TVS around to other rooms to eliminate that possibility. The thing is the older TVS get more channels even more HD.The newer TVS specifically sony got the least.yet the sony hooked with a cable box or pre tuner gets the hd channels yet it wont hooked up direct to cable

At that point, I'd say it's just a function (or lack thereof) of the tuner. Remember, with a set top box installed, it becomes the tuner (and probably a much better one as it handshakes with Comcast). The TV then just becomes a receiver.

-Wolf sends

Solution