Does zte Max xl have the option I don't see it

Mar 21, 2018
I am trying to tether to my computer Windows 10 with my zte Max xl and I can't find the option on my phone under tethering settings please help

Solution
If you are trying physically tether it, through say a USB, it may not be possible to do that on that device. Many don't have that ability. However if you are just trying to use the phone as a "Hotspot" for the laptop to use (WiFi like with a modem) that you 'may' be able to do. Depends on, again, the phone's abilities as well as your carrier's/service provider's. It is completely possible that the carrier/service provider has that option blocked, or limited.

If it is at all possible it would be done this way...

1. Go into "Settings" and in the "Wireless & networks" section tap "More".
2. Now tap "Tethering & portable hotspot".
3. For "Wireless Tethering" tap "Set up WiFi hotspot"
4. On this new screen you will see options for a...
If you are trying physically tether it, through say a USB, it may not be possible to do that on that device. Many don't have that ability. However if you are just trying to use the phone as a "Hotspot" for the laptop to use (WiFi like with a modem) that you 'may' be able to do. Depends on, again, the phone's abilities as well as your carrier's/service provider's. It is completely possible that the carrier/service provider has that option blocked, or limited.

If it is at all possible it would be done this way...

1. Go into "Settings" and in the "Wireless & networks" section tap "More".
2. Now tap "Tethering & portable hotspot".
3. For "Wireless Tethering" tap "Set up WiFi hotspot"
4. On this new screen you will see options for a "Network Name", "Security", "Password" and "Network Band". You can change them or keep them as is. It is really up to you.
5. Now you would just need to search for the hotspot by name using the second device.

NOTE: While a WiFi hotspot feature is built into Android, some service providers/carriers, especially in the United States, hide it. You would then need to see if you can locate an app that you can install to help with this.

Solution