Erlington

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
Hi everyone, I need some guidance about the temperature of my pc. My main concern is that my laptop decrease the fps consequently when I'm playing. For example I start to play League of Legends with 80-90 fps, then as the time goes by, it decreases the fps until I reach 20 fps (after 30 min average)... I tested with other games and the same issue happened. I'm almost sure this is a temperature problem, but I need some others opinion.

Here is a picture of laptop temperature according HWMonitor Software without playing any game just Chrome open.

http://i57.tinypic.com/314cj1g.jpg

My laptop model ACER V3-551G-X419
Features AMD10-4600M CPU
2GB HD 7660G+7670M DUAL GRAPHICS
6 GB RAM
Thanks for your help and advice

UPDATE

I finally finish my laptop cooling pad and change thermal paste. The results were around Celsius 10° lower which is good. And also I can play without throttling. But under load, my cpu is still running till Celsius 135° degrees. Do you think my problem is about the laptop air flow design?

Solution
your CPU is throttling due to the High temps. like mentioned before clean the heat sinks, If this does not help replace the thermal paste and add a cooling pad to help cool the bottom of the laptop. Other than this there is little you can do but return it to the manufacturer to have them figure it out. laptops are very difficult to cool due to there compact nature.

bgunner

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
your CPU is throttling due to the High temps. like mentioned before clean the heat sinks, If this does not help replace the thermal paste and add a cooling pad to help cool the bottom of the laptop. Other than this there is little you can do but return it to the manufacturer to have them figure it out. laptops are very difficult to cool due to there compact nature.

Solution

Erlington

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
Thanks for your replies guys. However, I 've done all the things you recommended to me. By the way, Is there any option to use just the dedicated graphic card, because this one doesn't get hotter than 70-80 C . I'm created my own cooling pad as well for more performance. And one more thing, what is the correct (recommended) temperature I need to have running on my cpu?