Downgrading SAMSUNG NP365E5C-S01US TO WINDOWS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffo

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Went through a lot of trouble of finding drivers for my new Samsung laptop in the Windows 7 OS. Samsung doesn't support downgrading as of right now and can be pretty difficult to gather everything you need, so I figured I'd write a guide on how I went about it. Since I saw this place come up in my search results multiple times I figured this would be ample location to drop it off.

Here is my guide to downgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 7 on the Samsung Series 3 laptop (NP365E5C-S01US)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dhz2JlmNLo2zOc8Z4beyHg6PoNOG7miVwy3UldqP3yc/edit?usp=sharing

It includes all the links to the driver needed.
(Google doc)

~Enjoy

sumOtherdude

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013

just posting to say THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

this was absolutely perfect. thank you, thank you, A THOUSAND TIMES THANK YOU!

i have the samsung 365e5c-s01us model. came with crappy win8 and couldn't run an old version of autocad. i have no desire to buy a new one when this one works perfectly fine for my work. all your drivers were perfect.

btw. i think you mis-labled the realtek driver as "audio" when they are actually ethernet. (maybe both?) idk.

either way. a million thx.

waffo

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

You are most certainly welcome.

Oh hey what do you know, you're right! Sorry I'm so used to the realtek drivers that I use on my desktop's audio I simply saw the name and wrote down audio. Thank you for clearing that up!

LikeLaptops

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013

FYI: ran into same problems and your input helped me solve the SM Bus Ctrlr problem. With regards to your wireless problem, the Atheros AR9485WB-EG wireless network adapter, I believe mine was installed when I downloaded the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller driver(S) to get the wired connection to work. Thanks for the SM Bus info and hope my info helps you. Above driver date: 12-12-11 ver:9.2.0.470.
LikeLaptops

webfixnow

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013

I found this driver for Atheros AR9485WB: http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=61&system=5

waffo

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

I saw that one as well, but that file only comes with files and no installer, and I don't think I could consider myself competent enough to know how to install that driver without an installer.
( Mostly the fact that I wouldn't know where to put it or what PATH variables I may need to make. )

If anyone happens to know how to deal with a file like that I'd appreciate it since it could help people, but it's not completely necessary to get the laptop to work.

Edit:
Ah, didn't see that two people replied.
@LikesLaptops, that is quite strange that yours worked after using my PCIe installer, mine didn't work at all after using it :\ Maybe it was something else you used? Can't be too sure, but I can say with certainty that the PCIe controller didn't give wireless for me.

waffo

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

For the S05 you say eh? I'll try it out later when I have the time, but if anyone else can confirm in the mean time I'd appreciate it. Thank you for the suggestion!

prabal34

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
I noticed some of the FN+Fxx keys don't work, specifically F1, F2, F3, F11, F12. Any ideas as to how we could get this to work in windows 7?

waffo

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Your Fn+ F2 and F3 (brightness adjusters) should be working. The only ones I don't have are the Fn+F1, which was just some samsung options menu (not very useful to have), and the Fn+ F11 and Fn+ F12 which I suppose is a little unfortunate they aren't working, but fan control isn't very necessary and wireless can be turned off/on manually. Sure it will require more work but it's still less than the work required in Windows 8.

I still looked around though, considering the NP300E5C-A01UB is also a series 3 Samsung with Windows 7, I figured maybe they would have a driver for the function keys... but alas I found none. I searched around more but it feels a little hopeless. I'd love to help you and I'm sorry I can't, but my main concern with this guide was to get everything essential to work and I currently don't have much time to fiddle with drivers. If anyone has a solution you are more than welcome to post.

prabal34

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Thank you for your input. I will continue looking for solutions. I can confirm my brightness settings do not work. Maybe something is inhibiting that function. I will look around more and repost if I come across anything.

tirnaog

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008
That factory bootable image, to use it later, if need be, how's that work?
Write it to a DVD and boot from that DVD?
Or can it be put on a usb drive and then boot from that to do the restore?
Just wondering as Samsung wont let me make a Win8 OS disc and didn't supply one when I bought PC.
Their telling me if OS needs reinstalling I have to send back PC to them!

waffo

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

You can either write it to a blank DVD or a USB drive, and one of the options the backup/restore program gives you is to make it bootable. To boot from said DVD or USB you will have to go into the BIOS and do a boot overdrive to the DVD like I/we did in the tutorial to get Windows 7 to boot. If you are booting from USB you will have to turn off the "fast BIOS" setting so that USBs are detectable, and then under the "boot" tab change the boot type to the second option and then change the boot priority from the HDD to the USB.

Sorry for the late response, I didn't get a notification that you posted and I only looked on a whim of boredom. I hope this is still useful to you or that you have successfully figured it out on your own.

prabal34

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
I found some touch pad drivers! They allow you to do some zoom, scroll functions etc etc. :p

update: the bluetooth drivers also work! For some reason my phone wouldn't pair with the generic radios, after installing my phone paired w.o. issues :)

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/NP305V5A-A04US
Touchpad (Driver) (ver.1.9.0.1) - Windows 7
Extract it, go to the Synaptics folder, then WinWDF, then x64, and run setup.exe

Bluetooth (Driver) (ver.2.1.0.0)
Extract it, go to the Atheros folder, then run inst.exe

I am still looking for a way to get the function keys working :??:

waffo

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

Awesome find! Thank you for letting me know and I have updated the guide with your link! I'll let you know if anything comes up about those function keys d:

Off-question to anyone who may read this, but the link contains a "Qualcomm Atheros WLAN Driver" and I'm curious if that too is compatible with our laptop. Probably going to require someone who hasn't finished downgrading their laptop to test it out, unless someone wants to go through the trouble of removing their current driver... but Atheros can be a bit funky about it.

65SignGuy

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013

Thank You!

I still have one device showing up in Device Manager as Other Device and Can't find out what it is. It's called USB2.0-CRW The widows update can't find driver for it? Any Suggestions?

waffo

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Don't worry you aren't the only one, I still have that show up myself but there is nothing to worry about since USB 1.0 - 3.0 works. My guess is it's some default windows USB driver with no hardware attached to it, but that is a very uneducated guess d:

65SignGuy

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013

Edited: oops! I was wrong.

kikomatsing

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013
EVERYTHING WORKS GREAT THANKS...only problem im encountering now is When restarting my PC itcannot load windows 7, the only way I can make this happen is If I press F10 and select the hard drive . most likely it has something to do with BIOS (I tried all the different settings to no avail) can you help me out ... or anyone pls..thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.