DROP TEST: Will the iPhone 4 Survive? Not Really

Status
Not open for further replies.

kikireeki

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
The wind noise is so annoying, and the vid dimensions are rather odd.
anyway my 3yrs old Nokia e61i will take these drops everyday and remain rock solid functional and less damaged!

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I don't like apple for a lot of reasons, but I'm not sure other phones are more durable!
I dropped a nokia 6500 classic ONCE from about 1 meter, and it broke off the top plastic cover (3 of 4 pins broke, had to glue it back on), and the plastic on the sides of the keyboard is no longer aligned properly.
The device still works, but if it is so fragile, I bet a second drop will kill it.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
I had my HTC Desire for less than 48 hours before dropping it on the road and kicking it SCREEN DOWN trying to pick it up.

Guess what? Not a mark on the screen (plastic bodywork took a scuff though).

jamesedgeuk2000

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]I don't like apple for a lot of reasons, but I'm not sure other phones are more durable!I dropped a nokia 6500 classic ONCE from about 1 meter, and it broke off the top plastic cover (3 of 4 pins broke, had to glue it back on), and the plastic on the sides of the keyboard is no longer aligned properly. The device still works, but if it is so fragile, I bet a second drop will kill it.[/citation]

Thats nothing, my mates chucked his Nokia NK702 on the back seat of his car and it bounced out a rear window at 70mph, he pulled over and found it my the side of the carriageway, the battery had broken off so he had to tape it bk on, worked fine for years lol

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
Wow, just three times?

My Nokia E71 took so much more abuse than this, so has my new HTC Desire.

Also, I hear other people saying they wouldn't put their keys in their pocket with their touchphone: I do it daily. My HTC Desire has yet to be scratched in 3 momths.

[citation][nom]LePhuronn[/nom]I had my HTC Desire for less than 48 hours before dropping it on the road and kicking it SCREEN DOWN trying to pick it up.Guess what? Not a mark on the screen (plastic bodywork took a scuff though).[/citation]

Same, I have no idea how I dropped it so fast though!

As much as I dislike the iPhone, it's not for me physically on the grounds that it'd be trashed after a couple of days with me.

guzz46

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
The glass maybe
Quote :
20 times stiffer and 30 times harder
but it will also be more brittle than normal plastic, so it will shatter. Same thing goes for high carbon steel, it's stronger but more brittle.

Yea go plastic, my brother managed to some how slam his old sony ericsson in a car door once which put a crack along the screen, he is still using it one year later, you can see past a crack in the screen easy enough but not a shattered screen

G

eek that's too fragile for my liking. I drop my phone at lest one time a week. With this level of fragility, I seriously doubt iphone would last even a month in my hand!

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
On pavement each time. So I guess all iPhone users are on pavement 100% of the time when they accidentally drop their iPhones. Wow, learn something new every day.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]guzz46[/nom]Yea go plastic, my brother managed to some how slam his old sony ericsson in a car door once which put a crack along the screen, he is still using it one year later, you can see past a crack in the screen easy enough but not a shattered screen[/citation]
Everyone know plastic scratches much easier than glass. If Apple would have chose platic because of your reason they would have been criticized for being cheap. Apple can't win against the Apple haters. No I don't own or want a iPhone or iPad but I do love my Macbook Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.