cutlaz

Estimable
Apr 29, 2014
I have two ASUS VE278Q monitors connected to my computer, one via DVI and one via HDMI. Both of these monitors have internal speakers and I have used a Y-cable to connect them both to the 3.5mm audio on the back of the computer. However, I am only able to get sound out of one of them at a time. I am given the option to enable my 'Speakers' (Realtek High Definition Audio) or the 'ASUS VE768' NVIDIA High Definition Audio. I would like to be able to play sound through both monitors at the same time rather than choosing between the two.

I assume this is due to the computer recognizing the HDMI connection and is trying to play the sound through that, rather than using the 3.5mm connection. Is there any way I could pair the two together or possibly disable HDMI audio on that monitor to force it to use the other audio connection.

Thank you

Solution
because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input (look in the settings for audio on your monitor to disable this... I used a Samsung SMART, Sony and even VIZIO as my monitors and they all had this in the sound/audio/or something like that settings section)

cutlaz

Estimable
Apr 29, 2014
Yeah, if I enable the Realtek HD audio, sound will only play out of the monitor that is connected via DVI. If I enable NVIDIA HD Audio, sound will play out of the HDMI monitor. I can not enable both at the same time to my knowledge.

wrathofdragon

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input (look in the settings for audio on your monitor to disable this... I used a Samsung SMART, Sony and even VIZIO as my monitors and they all had this in the sound/audio/or something like that settings section)

Solution

RockinRage

Prominent
Jun 6, 2017

in what settings?

preston-71

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018

I would assume the settings on the monitors themselves. When you press the menu button on the monitor you should see an audio section. If not, I would check your device properties on your PC under "Control Panel > Sound > Playback Devices".

Hopefully that can get you pointed in the right direction until wrathofdragon responds to you.

EDIT: If you're running an Nvidia GPU, you might also check in the Nvidia control center. I believe there's an audio section for the monitors there too, if I remember correctly.

Mar 3, 2018

I have the same problem,except on a laptop. Is there a solution for this?