Solved! Dual rca simultaneous output?

joeschmod2d

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
I want to split my digital cable signal simultaneously via the RCA jacks to my vcr and the AV signal of my tv. Seeing the digital cable will not serve as a pass through for the coax signal Im kinda stuck turning on the VCR to watch though the line in connection or unplugging the other inputs. I just wondered if there was anything easier and cheaper than upgrading the TV yet again. One AV input signal is taken up by a game console (wii). The other usable AV input is taken by the DVD player. I have component inputs but I dont fully understand the purpose served. When I use them I get a flashy black and white picture and decent sound. I really just want to link the digital cable to my VCR and television somehow please any help is appreciated...

To sum it all up How can I make one RCA signal into two simultaneous signals?

Is there anything I can do to use the component inputs better?

thanks for any help

Solution
They sell Y cables at all electronic stores and online. All you need is a 2 female to 1 male connector for each.

Component needs a connection on the tv and the cable box. Red to red, blue to blue and green to green, plus red and white for audio.

popaholic

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
They sell Y cables at all electronic stores and online. All you need is a 2 female to 1 male connector for each.

Component needs a connection on the tv and the cable box. Red to red, blue to blue and green to green, plus red and white for audio.

Solution