Paula Matthews

Estimable
Jul 12, 2014
Can you help please? My mum has a Sonic HD TV and an LG DVD Combo Player and she watches the TV channels through the DVD player only

The problem is that all channels play perfectly through the TV when DVD is off however 3 channels will not play through the DVD when the source is changed to HDMI.

When the DVD is off the 3 channels that will not play through the DVD play through the TV and say in the display1080i with the rest of the channels displaying 576i. Also the audio languages say AC3 as opposed to Mpeg.

I need to know how to change the settings on the 3 channels not playing through the dvd so that they will play through the HDMI source like the other channels. can you help please, thankyou Paula

Solution
Not necessarily. Some channels get tuned in better than others.

Another thought - if the dvd player is on, the tv would want to switch to it because that's what hdmi does. It switches your tv to the dvd player when you start the dvd player.

That would mean that when the dvd player is off, you could only get TV from the TV. Try doing an automatic re-tuning on the TV and see if you then get the 3 channels you're missing.

Paula Matthews

Estimable
Jul 12, 2014
already tried that, thanks. and in any case its only 3 channels not coming over to dvd, the rest are all working.. if it was the antenna not pushed in then all channel would be an issue i would imagine

Not necessarily. Some channels get tuned in better than others.

Another thought - if the dvd player is on, the tv would want to switch to it because that's what hdmi does. It switches your tv to the dvd player when you start the dvd player.

That would mean that when the dvd player is off, you could only get TV from the TV. Try doing an automatic re-tuning on the TV and see if you then get the 3 channels you're missing.

Solution

Paula Matthews

Estimable
Jul 12, 2014
okay the 3 channels are still not working through the dvd player with HD service not available as the error msg on the screen however there is reception coming through as the audio from the channels is cutting in and out sounding broken but no picture ??

Are these digital channels? Does the tv and dvd player pick up digital tv?

Maybe it's just that the tv doesn't have as strong tuner as the dvd player. Is the TV older than the TV player?

I'm in Australia. We changed over to digital only a few years ago. I had to get better antennae and even antennae amplifiers to get everything to work OK. Even now, sometimes when it rains, signals disappear.

Paula Matthews

Estimable
Jul 12, 2014
yes they are digital channels and both pick up digital tv. both tv and dvd were purchased at xmas with new antennae installed i'm in sydney and thought we only changed over end of January this year and needed a booster for my home so maybe my mums tv needs this also. I will go to dick smith tomorrow and get one to see if this will help. thank you for all your help today and hopefully this will fix the problem. cheers, Paula

TRENDING THREADS