Dynamic vs Condensor Microphone

DBC___

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
Hello. If I want to record sound in an untreated room would I be better off getting a Dynamic microphone and not worry about noise reduction or should I get a Condensor microphone and adjust the noise level in Audacity.

I know that dynamic mic are better suited for untreated rooms but I think it might me uncomfortable to do marathon sessions as we need to be right on top of the dynamic microphone for good voice quality.

P.S: I would get Audio Technica 2005 if I choose a dynamic mic and AT 2020 USB+ if I go with the condesor mic.

DBC___

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from DBC___ : "Dynamic Mic vs Condensor Mic"

Hello. If I want to record sound in an untreated room would I be better off getting a Dynamic microphone and not worry about noise reduction or should I get a Condensor microphone and adjust the noise level in Audacity.

I know that dynamic mic are better suited for untreated rooms but I think it might me uncomfortable to do marathon sessions as we need to be right on top of the dynamic microphone for good voice quality.

P.S: I would get Audio Technica 2005 if I choose a dynamic mic and AT 2020 USB+ if I go with the condensor mic.