EAKI HDMI AUDIO-VIDEO Converter Connected To PS4 Slim

kjames1973

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015
Hello Toms Universe,
Need some advise on what to do or how to fix.
I got this device from amazon.com - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H4XC17A?m=A3GOCB0LE22N39
I connected to my ps4 slim.
I can get surround sound. I bought this cable from amazon as well. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T6OVQYU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
===================
With that said what is weird is I get surround sound just find but I have to turn the switch back and forth from 5.1 to the left and back to 5.1 a few times and then unplug the HDMI and then plug it in and then the sound works just fine. However I still can't get the surround sound and HDMI picture going the same time. I tried switching HDMI cables, and also plunging in different HDMI slots.
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I plugged power in 1st. Then video from PS4 to HDMI slot, then Front HDMI slot to tv-HDMI slot. Then plugin sound cord from EAKI device then to My Sony surround sound receiver.
Please help? Do I have a defected EAKAI device?
I know its not the cables or my PS4 My PS4 works find when just hook up to tv. Just trying to get my HDMI and surround sound working together as one.

Solution
OK if I read the manual correctly then this is how to get 5.1 from your PS4
Unplug all the adapters.
Connect a HDMI lead from the PS4 to the "HDMI 1" socket on your TV
Now take the optical cable you bought and plug one end into the "Optical Digital Audio Out" socket on the back of the TV
Then take the other end of the optical cable and plug it into the "TV/SAT in" optical socket on the receiver
Turn on TV and select HDMI 1, now go to the audio menu on the TV and set the "TV Speaker" option to "OFF"
Now turn on receiver and select "TV/SAT" as the source.
You might have to change the sound settings on the PS4, so goto Settings > Sound And Screen > Audio Output Settings > Audio Format (priority) and then you can change it to Bitstream...

kjames1973

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015
I have a LG 47LH40 for TV and Surround Sound System is a 2001 Sony HT-DDW830.
I know I have the wires connected correctly.
Thanks for trying to help Kango69, LMK what to do.

kango69

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
OK if I read the manual correctly then this is how to get 5.1 from your PS4
Unplug all the adapters.
Connect a HDMI lead from the PS4 to the "HDMI 1" socket on your TV
Now take the optical cable you bought and plug one end into the "Optical Digital Audio Out" socket on the back of the TV
Then take the other end of the optical cable and plug it into the "TV/SAT in" optical socket on the receiver
Turn on TV and select HDMI 1, now go to the audio menu on the TV and set the "TV Speaker" option to "OFF"
Now turn on receiver and select "TV/SAT" as the source.
You might have to change the sound settings on the PS4, so goto Settings > Sound And Screen > Audio Output Settings > Audio Format (priority) and then you can change it to Bitstream (DTS) Bitstream (Dolby) or Linear PCM.
It should work on Linear PCM so try that first !
With this setup any HDMI source connected to the TV will play through the amp

Solution

kjames1973

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015
Kang69,
Thanks for the advice. I will attempt this and get back with you in a day or two. Thanks again for the effort. I really appreciate it.
So this device I bought the EAKAI converter I do not need?