Earpiece working only from one side.

cybertron989

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
Hi,

I have read a lot of posts on different websites regarding the same issue. However none of the posts were useful for this problem of mine.

Problem Description:-- I have a lot of earphones(branded as well as cheap local stuff). Some of these pairs of headphones does not work properly in my laptop.

Only one end(Either left or right) will give sound. The other one will give either no or a really low sound that is barely audible. The same set of headphones are working fine with my iPhone, Samsung and Windows phone proving that there is nothing wrong with earphones.

Also, only some of the headphones will not work when connected to the laptop and other works just fine and flawlessly. This means there is nothing wrong with the laptop jack and internal connections.

The weird thing about is if I connect the jack partially and wiggle it, it will start working for seconds and stop working once I leave the connector. Hence even that is not a solution.

Here is what I have already tried.
1. Uninstalling and Re-installing the latest audio drivers.
2. Updating the OS.
3. Using Microsoft provided audio troubleshooter.
4. Read thousands of post on Yahoo Answers and Toms Hardware and other websites. Still found no Solution for it.

I am using the Following System.
Laptop Model- HCL-ME Series 1044 Notebook
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2540M CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2601 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Sound Device: Realtek High Definition Audio
RAM: 4GB (I dont think this will be of any significance, but still :p)

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Solution
most probably the jack. If the headsets are working with other devices obviously means the issue is with the jack. You should try changing the connector of your headset and see if that fixes it. Otherwise it could be the jack. Connect a usb soundcard with your laptop and check if its working fine on that one.

AsadHabib

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013
most probably the jack. If the headsets are working with other devices obviously means the issue is with the jack. You should try changing the connector of your headset and see if that fixes it. Otherwise it could be the jack. Connect a usb soundcard with your laptop and check if its working fine on that one.

Solution

cybertron989

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012

But if the problem lies with the jack, then how come other headsets are working fine when connected to the same jack?

cybertron989

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012

Yeah that is the issue. Some headphones work fine. Some doesn't... There has to be a solution. Or atleast a root cause

TRENDING THREADS