Solved! Edit / Right Click options automatically display but keyboard will not allow character entry

Oct 28, 2018
I am running Windows 7 on an HP PC and I suspect that a series of keys were depressed on my keyboard - now when I open EXCEL or attempt to type input into the Windows Start --> Search programs or when I attempt to enter data into the Search box of Control Panel or File Search, I get a popup box with Edit options such as Cut,Copy, Paste, Delete and Select All - as if I had right-clicked on that cell or in the Search boxes and I cannot enter anything from my keyboard.

My keyboard does work in Word and in browsers. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the keyboard and (before that) tried a different keyboard. In EXCEL, I cannot click on Clipboard without EXCEL restarting - Help!

Solution
And my problem is SOLVED. Not a virus - Got a system update today and after the update completed, voila....no more problems as I reported previously.
Oct 28, 2018
I have scanned several times for viruses or malware - and cleaned up all malware found but still have the same situation. it appears that the edit menu automatically displays in Window Start Search and in EXCEL as well as the search box in Control Panel.. Pressing the ALT key makes the menu disappear, but I can't type in the Search boxes and as soon as I release the ALT key, the menu reappears - is there any way to fix this?

Oct 28, 2018
And my problem is SOLVED. Not a virus - Got a system update today and after the update completed, voila....no more problems as I reported previously.

Solution