My notebook keyboard is not working. Idk if its a motherboard problem or not

Apr 16, 2018
Hey everyone!

Some time ago, my brother gave me an old hp latop he wasnt using cuz it wont boot. Model:
Notebook HP Pavillion dv6-3077la

It was overheating cuz the termal paste was dust. I clean it up and put fresh paste and it was like new. I made it a pc format and install all the drivers, the pc is working really well for the years it have.

The only problem was that some keys wont work(like 8 keys) after a lot of attempt to fix it, I assume it was the keyboard, so I brought a new one. It was a bit different(the first one was in spanish) but it was fully compatible with my pc

After installing it some keys dint work(again like 8 keys) just in case a failing keyboard, I ask for a new one, but still the same problem.

So, I assume that the notebook connecter is not reading one of the ribbon lines. I clean it the best I could with isoprofilic alchohol but still not working.

SO MY QUESTION IS:
Is there some way to fix it?
Or it is now a failing motherboard and there's nothing I could do?
Also, there's some website to check if the keyboard is really compatible with my notebook model? I look everywhere but find nothing :(

Thanks in advance!

It may not be hardware. Have you tried uninstalling the drivers, rebooting (without reinstalling them) and then allowing the system to reinstall them on startup? I would try that first.

You may also want to try an external keyboard and see if it works fine.

Apr 16, 2018

Yes I alredy try everything I could think in the software aspect. Including what you said here.
An usb keyboard works completly fine

Apr 16, 2018
There're exactly 12keys that dont work: Y U I H J K N M , 6 7 8
Yes I guess that the awfull true is that my motherboard is failing :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LeoLuca Laptop Tech Support 4
J Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 4
C Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 1