Solved! Entry level Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2018
Hello, I've been looking to upgrade from my phone to a mirrorless camera as I am getting more interested in photography. I will mainly use it for travel since I am travelling a lot in Asia and i am usually on the move, hence a big and bulky DSLR won't do. I only really have an interest in pictures and I couldn't care less about video capability. I have been looking at 4 different cameras mainly but I am of course open to more suggestions. I am a beginner so I don't really know what all specifications on a camera mean. Therefore I can't decide if one certain specification outweighs the need of another one. The cameras I have been looking at are:
Olympus m10 mark III
Panasonic Lumix DMC gx85
Fujifilm T-X100
Canon M50

Any suggestions of which one is the "best" or which seems to be most fitting? Thanks.

sir_k

Great
Sep 17, 2018
I personally would go with Canon, but that's only my personal preference; as USAFRet said, they are all great options!
Lenses for the Canon are in great quantity, easy to find, and relatively cheap, as is the M50 itself (I can't speak about the other brands, though). The M50 is a great camera, but if you find one of the other options to be better in some way, then get it instead. For example, Panasonic cameras are great for video; but it sounds like you mainly do stills. I can't think of any reason to get the Olympus, though... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.