envy m6-n010dx touchsceen not functional

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh Welch

Estimable
Jun 30, 2015
I have been working on a computer (m6-n010dx) with a non-functional touch screen. It is running Win 8.1. My issue is that the touch screen does not show up in the Human Interface Devices in the device manager, so I can not easily troubleshoot it. I have run it through the standard HP troubleshooting, but as of yet, I have not figured out why it stopped working with the 8.1 update. I have reinstalled all drivers and updates through both HP and Windows update systems.

What am I missing?

Solution
Hi Josh Welch,

Although you mentioned you have been through the standard HP troubleshooting, if you have not done so already, I'd suggest taking a look at the following document: Touch Screen Issues

If the issue persists, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Please also check your warranty status and consider calling in if you are in warranty still. Check your product warranty

If your notebook is in warranty, what you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select...

LisaMarie Sptagent

Estimable
Jul 1, 2015
Hi Josh Welch,

Although you mentioned you have been through the standard HP troubleshooting, if you have not done so already, I'd suggest taking a look at the following document: Touch Screen Issues

If the issue persists, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Please also check your warranty status and consider calling in if you are in warranty still. Check your product warranty

If your notebook is in warranty, what you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

Best of luck,
I work on behalf of HP.

Thanks,
I work on behalf of HP.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.