Error formatting sony camera memory

G

I would be really grateful if anyone can help - I have a Sony cybershot camera. Whilst downloading pictures to my laptop, my camera battery died so I took it out & recharged it. But now I cannot use my camera as it says "Error formatting memory stick" and more importantly, I can't get the remaining (wedding & baby) photos off the memory. If I insert the memory stick directly into my laptop, it asks if I want to format the stick. I'm scared to do this in case it wipes it.

Can anyone help me get my photos back off the stick? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you for your help.

G

You may well lose the pictures. What's happened is the power failure has corrupted the memory stick.

Go to one of the download sites like MajorGeeks or FileHippo and look for a program which can rescue digital pictures from memory.

Alternatively if your computer has a slot for Sony memory sticks (or buy a USB memory card reader) insert the problem stick and try the normal Windows disk tools by selecting the stick in My Computer and right clicking on it and selecting Properties, Tools, Disk Check.

If that doesn't help you may have to format the stick and lose the pictures. In Windows when doing so do not select NTFS as the way of formatting.

If after formatting the card appears to work as a disk in Windows, put it back in the camera and format it again.

TRENDING THREADS