Ever since connecting my new Samsung smart tv to wifi I am having trouble connecting my laptop now. Does anyone know why?

Hi,

The TV should affect the wifi signal of any other device at home because your wireless router should handle multiple connects to it unless it a special router that limits number of devices that can connect to it. Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the Wifi adapter of the laptop.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Wifi adapter.
- Reboot the laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically upon reboot.
- After the reboot do test the laptop again and see if it will connect to your wireless network with no problem.
- If the same problem will persist, do a power cycle with the wireless router.
- Turn off the router and unplug it from the wall outlet for couple of seconds. Power it back on then wait until the lights are on the router then try reconnecting.
- If all these will not work do contact your ISP first and report them this incident about your laptop getting kicked off your wireless network when your TV is connected.

CarolynO

Commendable
Apr 2, 2016

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 2
G Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Solved! Lenovo Thinkpad won't stay HDMI connected to my Samsung Smart TV
Solved! I'm using my Samsung galaxy s8 as my mobile hot spot but when I try to connect my p.c. up it asks for network security key
How do I connect my Chromebook to my Samsung Series 4000 using my Xfinity wireless connection?
My laptop can not connect to my Samsung s8plus hotspot. It's not the laptop, cause it will connect to my husband lg phone ho
it used to work before when i connected my dell inspiron laptop to samsung smart tv with hdmi. no sound thru tv but sound on l
Is this the right adaptor to connect my PCIe m.2 Samsung 960 EVO 1TB SSD to my Zoostorm PC tower?
Why my Samsung NP530U4B-A01US laptop is unable to connect to the internet via wireless mode?
Hello, My Samsung J2 only displays "WELCOME!" then select language, after I select language, it shows choose Wifi connections
How do i connect my samsung laptop via hdmi to my phillips tv
Samsung laptop to LG TV connection using HDMI
how to connect the samsung laptop sound to sanyo tv
samsung tv will not recognize hdmi connection
I connected my samsung s7 to my dell latitude laptop to transfer a word document. Suddenly, a message "fatal error" appeared o
Dell Latitude E6410 won't connect to Samsung KS8000 Smart TV
How to connect older Samsung TV (with no optical) to soundbar with optical
Solve the problem wifi to connect at the Samsung laptop without wireless
my samsung laptop gets on only until connected to adapter as soon as it gets disconnected the laptop switch offs what is the p
I have updated my Dell Laptop from Windows 8 to Windows 10 and now my samsung tv wont connect via hdmi anymore
Connecting laptop to Samsung Smart TV
How can I connect my Dell with Windows to my new Samsung smart T V. I have downloaded Smart View 2.1

ASK THE COMMUNITY