jaydent1800

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016
Hello guys, recently i saw something interesting online shopping and i found there is an EXP GDC Beast/Ares EXP GDC. So i am going ordered that for doing some modification to my old Thinkpad edge E430 with GTX 650. And my question is what PSU do i needed. :??:

Thanks in advance! :)

Solution
A 300w ATX size PSU should be more than enough for the GPU. Corsair PSUs are generally pretty good.

The one thing to keep in mind is that the mini PCIe interface only supports 1 PCIe lane compared to a PCIe in a desktop motherboard that can support up to 16 lanes. That means the mini PCIe is a huge bottleneck.

As an example, I believe a GTX 960 can use up to 8 lanes so if that is a GPU you are thinking about purchasing then it's performance would likely be severely limited by the mini PCIe's single lane. You'll get better performance than integrated graphics, but you will definitely not be able to tap the full performance of the GTX 960.
A 300w ATX size PSU should be more than enough for the GPU. Corsair PSUs are generally pretty good.

The one thing to keep in mind is that the mini PCIe interface only supports 1 PCIe lane compared to a PCIe in a desktop motherboard that can support up to 16 lanes. That means the mini PCIe is a huge bottleneck.

As an example, I believe a GTX 960 can use up to 8 lanes so if that is a GPU you are thinking about purchasing then it's performance would likely be severely limited by the mini PCIe's single lane. You'll get better performance than integrated graphics, but you will definitely not be able to tap the full performance of the GTX 960.

Solution

jaydent1800

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016

Thanks for reply man, as you said Mini PCIe only have 1 lane so there will be 250MB/s of bandwidth it could be a bottleneck for my GPU. I got 1 more stupid question for you does core i7-3610qm bottleneck a GTX 670?