external graphics psu

May 21, 2018
hello i recently buyed a second hand laptop with integrated graphics that aren't so great and i heard about the possibility of attaching an external gpu to it. But on every tutorial that i consulted is says that this method requires an external psu to power the graphics card. My question is if i use a no power connector gpu like a gtx 1050 or an rx460 will that be fine? I mean ,since it has no connector for power you can't plug in any 6pin or 8 pin connector so will the power from the pcie extendor be enough to power the gpu?

Solution
First, you will need to pass on the make and model of your laptop. AN SKU to your laptop would help us two fold.
Second, if you've got a mPCIe connector on your motherboard then you can add in your external GPU via the aid of an external GPU dock.
Third, you will need a quality PSU to power the external GPU dock and the external GPU.

You will need a PSU regardless of the card having 6/8pin connectors to provide power to the slot itself, you can't power the slot using the laptop's slots power.

Lutfij

Splendid
First, you will need to pass on the make and model of your laptop. AN SKU to your laptop would help us two fold.
Second, if you've got a mPCIe connector on your motherboard then you can add in your external GPU via the aid of an external GPU dock.
Third, you will need a quality PSU to power the external GPU dock and the external GPU.

You will need a PSU regardless of the card having 6/8pin connectors to provide power to the slot itself, you can't power the slot using the laptop's slots power.

Solution
May 21, 2018
I forgot to mention ,my laptop model is advent monza s200. What i want to know is if i need that extra power supply even if the external gpu does not have pin connectors and doesn't need any additional power.