external mouse and keyboard has stopped working

brides

Estimable
Aug 17, 2015
no external keyboard or mouse will work with my new ASUS G series laptop. Yesterday it worked and toady it doesnt. Tried swapping different mice and keyboards and still no luck. All fresh batteries. seemed to get the problem after an update. reverted back and yet the laptop still wont accept an external mouse and keyboard...??

Are you using a wireless external mouse and keyboard? If you are you might need to reconnect them all together in from the dongle that is connected to the laptop. What you can try as well is to hook up a USB keyboard or mouse then you can perform System Restore with you PC again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gamernoob420 Laptop Tech Support 4
lucasblack29 Laptop Tech Support 1
Pokz Laptop Tech Support 1
sulphur88 Laptop Tech Support 1
miluti Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 2
nidelimit Laptop Tech Support 1
W Laptop Tech Support 2
chaplark Laptop Tech Support 1
K-kurt Laptop Tech Support 0
L Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 4
D Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 1
W Laptop Tech Support 3
F Laptop Tech Support 12
W Laptop Tech Support 3
Similar threads
Question External gpu
Question USB C port cannot detect External Hard Drive but can detect USB Device, connected using an adapter
Question 144hz external display on razer blade stealth
Question External monitor black screen when connected to my laptop HDMI port
Question HP Notebook 17-x010ca was dropped 3ft onto a rug; backlight works, but no picture. Everything else seem to work when connected to an external monitor.
Question Major FPS drops when connected to external monitor.
Question Lenovo Legion Y720 internal keyboard conflicting (or not?) with external one
Question My external keyboard is typing radom keys when I'm writting
Solved! If i boot from an external hard drive through a laptop, will the laptop lose it's data?
Question External Keyboard not working properly while gaming on laptop
Question Error loading operating system...Windows wont boot internally, but loads up via external usb connector
My touchpad on my windows 10 won't work and I don't know how to enable it when I don't have and external mouse to use as well?
Hi Guys! Both touch pad and external mouse aren't working. I don't how to fix the problem because I can't move the pointer ar
hooked up external monitor to laptop - problem - can not see mouse and keyboard on monitor (only on laptop screen)
Left click not working, first with buttons on laptop and trackpad tap-to-click function, a year later with external mouse.
Asus B400A with External Monitor & Keyboard/Mouse?
i plugged my external mouse on my laptop and is not working ..why?
Broken laptop screen, external monitor is black with only mouse pointer
Laptop Cursor Clicks By Itself w/o External Mouse & Touchpad Disabled
External Mouse

ASK THE COMMUNITY