External screen blackouts after RAM upgrade

sukhoi191

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016
Moving right to the point, I have Lenovo G50-70. A couple of days ago I've bought 16 GB of RAM (2x8). Before doing that I've checked carefully, if the voltage is correct and if aforementioned notebook can handle this amount of additional memory. Just to be clear, now there are two of those inside: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-KVR16LS11-Non-ECC-SODIMM-204-Pin/dp/B00CQ35HBQ.
Everything seemed fine unless I've decided to plug in my external monitor by VGA. Every 2-3 minutes it becomes black for about 2 seconds and then goes back to normal, as if nothing ever happened. Before changing RAM there was no such problems.
I've run full memtest and memory is perfectly ok. Now, here comes the fun part - when OCCT is running, there are no blackouts. I think the cause of such behaviour is that there are two graphics cards: Intel HD Graphics 4400 and AMD Radeon R5 M230. Radeon is used only when needed, so i.e. when OCCT is running. That leaves me with a suspicion that there's something wrong with Intel's card. However, notebook's screen works like a charm.
I would also like to mention, that replacement went smoothly, old RAM out, new RAM in, just in case you're wondering if I did it with hammer or something like that.
Does anyone have any idea, what can be the cause? I can obviously provide you with more information if needed! Thanks :)

sukhoi191

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016
@fabiodorm Thanks for your answer! It is running in performance mode. I don't really think it could cause described problems, though.
Yesterday I flashed BIOS as I saw such advice somewhere on this forum. Unfortunately. it didn't help in my case.

-- update --

When laptop is running with only one RAM module, screen doesn't blackout - this applies to both memory slots and both RAM modules. As it doesn't seem that anyone has any idea, what's possibly going on with my PC, I'm going to send a message to Lenovo support. I'll update this post again, when I solve the issue (or at least when I get some clear answer from support), just for the sake of all the other people, who may come here with the same problem.